I have 25+ years of experience in working with children and youth in many different capacities. I also have diplomas in Child Psychology and Social Work. I have 7 biological children with my husband of 28 years, Mike. We have been foster parents for the Huron County Children’s Aid Society for the past 17 years, with more than 100 placements. I have been involved in this ministry of the young moms for about 8 years now, and I was myself a teen mother at the age of 17.
Young Mom’s Ministry
A division of North Huron Youth For Christ in part of Southwestern Ontario YFC
405 Josephine St. Box 1289
phone: 519-357-2277 Email: email@example.com
Tuesday afternoon group meetings
– at the St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on Josephine street in Wingham
– 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
– moms meet upstairs, childcare in the gym downstairs.
– we talk about everything from parenting to nutrition, to budgeting, to relationships, to self care.
– we also have a parent support worker from Rural Response for Healthy Children that comes to the meetings
– we also have a Public Health Nurse from the Huron County Health Unit that usually comes to the meetings as well.
Friday Morning Coffee House Drop In
– this is a very informal drop in where we just hang out and talk about life together over a cup of coffee or tea
– this is also a good time to stock up on any needed items from our supply cupboard.
– Supply Cupboard – we offer inexpensive, or free in some cases; formula, diapers, baby food and clothing
– we also offer in home visits, one-on-one, to walk through life issues together in a more confidential setting
– we offer informal and formal parenting education, through different curriculum offered through different service organizations, and through purchased curriculum.
– we have offered parenting credit courses to students through COPE and through F.E. Madill to earn credits for their High School diploma.
– we also have opportunities where students can earn some volunteer hours through volunteering with us with our fundraising efforts and with sorting clothing and food.
Ministry Director – Young Moms
519-357-2277 ext. 102 office voicemail